Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Birthdays...

Well...here I am...I am unafraid...I am undaunted and unintimadated.

Today is my birthday, and I'm about 3 hours into it, and I really can't wait until its done. Now I have to admit it, I really do just get embarrassed when people make a big deal about birthdays. I just think "WTF, you're not a kid who needs your parents' affection commemorated by the anniversary of your natal day." Don't get me wrong, I still want presents if their being given out, since I'd take a present any given day of the year, why would I not want one on my birthday.

Truth be told, birthdays now to me are more about reflection and perspective than celebration. They mark a milestone on a long journey, and like all markers along the way, you think about the way you've come, and the way you have to go more than you celebrate getting that far. And how one feels about either their past or their future, greatly colors one's tolerance for the pomp and circumstance others may feel one's birthday entails.

Birthdays are a touchy psychological quandary. I remember my 25th birthday, which ushered in a year of taking stock in my life. That year, talk of my age or my birthday, were irksome. But this year, my portfolio is open. My stock has been taken, and I must say, I am happy with where I am on this the year before my 30th. All is not right, a lot can get better, but a lot is great, and the possibilities are limitless. So I thank He who guides my course for His companionship and His direction.

So today, birthdays are cool, presents are cooler, well wishes are welcome and friends and loved ones may rejoice in the blessing I hope I have been and will continue to be. On this Seven-Eleven Day, as I like to call it, Weed Jesus, looks down on all he has created, and he says it is good...

HAVE A GAY SEVEN-ELEVEN DAY AND THANK GOD TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY!!!

No comments: